|STUDENT NAME (S)|
Michael Chia, Samuel Ng, Jordan Koh, Jose Lau
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, SINGAPORE,ASIA,EARTH
Interdisciplinary Research Studies
TITLE OF PROJECT
The Carbon Footprint
Purpose of Research:
An investigation of what causes carbon footprint and suggest new ways to counter this.
(a) For scientific investigations
Hypothesis / Engineering Goals
(b) For social sciences/exploratory research
Aims of research
We aim to research on what causes carbon footprint in Singapore and on how we can counter it.
Subject(s) of study
The carbon footprint.
Relevancy of Research
Our project is relevant as we live on earth that may be affected if the carbon footprint continues.
1) Why is your research important?
Ans: The Carbon Footprint made by every person is slowly damaging the earth and we need to raise public awareness
2) How does it contribute to the existing body of knowledge?
Ans:It can help raise unasked questions which can lead to new solutions
3) How does your research contribute to/impact the society or community?
Ans:It may help spur solutions to light by inspiring thought. It also will raise public awareness
Scope of Research:
Scope: We can conduct surveys and interview experts.
Bounds: We are unable to go overseas to conduct surveys and we are also unable to take measurements accurately or over long periods.
1. Many Scientists around the world has already researched the topic and many sites have already been made about this topic
2. The Total Carbon Footprint cannot be easily calculated, due to the huge number. The amount each resource does to increase the Carbon Footprint
-We intend to survey people
-We intend to create a graph to show a trend
Desired outcome/skill acquisition:
1. We will learn teamwork as we have to work together as a group
2. We will learn communication skills as will be doing surveys
3. We will learn analytic skills as we will need to analyse the data
4. We will learn Time Management skills as we have to meet the deadlines
5. We will learn ICT skills as we will have to make a video
|1||Justification Report||2 weeks|
|2||Research Proposal||3 weeks|